Tuesday 15 January 2013

OMG Lemonade diet almost killed me.

Hmmmmmmm, Thats how I have to start this post.

Basically, A friend of mine told me about this lemonade diet beyonce did for her act in the movie dream girls, Basically she did it to lose some weight for the role she was taking up, well I'm not exactly a diet person and I love fooooodddd, sweets, Name it.

It sounded a bit easy So I decided to try it, It involves mixing sea salt and water in the morning, and 30minutes later and for the rest of the day all you take will be- Water, Lemons, Maple syrup(Grade B) and Cayenne pepper and then before bed time a laxative tea, On this particular diet, No other food, fruits,etc is allowed only the lemonade drink.

So basically, I tried it and Voila, I survived without eating for a day and the next day I woke up with the worst heartburn in the world and ended up in the hospital, I had to be admitted for 2days,The doctors said it irritated my insides and caused me to have a bad heartburn which lead to sore throat and other abdominal issues, and this is especially bad for people with ulcer.............PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE LEMONADE DIET, OR TRY IT IF YOU FEEL IT WILL WORK FOR YOU.

5 comments:

  1. All these fad diets sef!Corrosive mixture in the form of a diet....no way oo!!!ontop wetin nah? When I am not going to be paid Beyonces fee for acting Dream girls..I think more sustainable methods are better for gradual, effective and long term weight loss..watchin sugar/calories intake, portion control, meal frequency and timing, healthier forms of cooking and food choices, exercising and so on..sorry oo Freda, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. N ur still advising ppl to try it, issokay, we de here de wait der stories.
    Ders no short cut to weightloss, its either ur very ill n u get it fr free or u go d hard but ultimately rewardn way -->DIET(asper portion controlled real food) n EXERCISE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your style of writing is very poor, and what's with the repetition of "BASICALLY "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frisky Freda, we are happy that you are better now and it just buttresses the point that exercise and diet is the best way to go. All those fad diets, even if they work in the interim is not the answer. Weightloss should be a lifestyle and that way one can keep up with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great you're well Frisky, and its obvious the diet had a sub"lime" effect on you(pun intended) hahahahah, it inspired u 2 start a blog. Reiterating the pervious comments thou, the efficacy of portion control and EXERCISE can't be overemphasized.

    ReplyDelete